Homemade Shortbread Crust Recipe
This shortbread crust is the easiest and best crust you will ever make. It is the perfect crust for lemon bars, tarts, pies and quiches.
How to Make Homemade Shortbread Crust
Don’t be afraid to make your own shortbread crust! This is the easiest shortbread crust you will ever make. This recipe requires no special ingredients and no special equipment! This is a shortbread crust recipe that is made without a food processor and you don’t even need a rolling pin. All you need is 5 simple ingredients; butter, confectioners sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla.
You’ll start by mixing melted butter and confectioners sugar together in your mixer. After the butter and sugar are mixed well, add the flour, salt, and vanilla until a soft dough begins to form.
Place dough into a pie, tart or other dish and begin flattening and spreading the dough out so that it covers the bottom and sides of the dish.
After covering your dish with the shortbread dough you will need to blind bake (pre bake) the crust before adding your filling. This should take about 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. When you begin to smell it from the oven, it’s done.
What can you make with shortbread crust?
Shortbread crust is the perfect crust for lemon bars, tarts, pies and quiches! Just about anything you can think of to fill it up with and bake! My absolute favorite dessert to make with this shortbread crust is my lemon tart.
Don’t let making your own crust intimidate you! Try this easy and delicious shortbread crust recipe now and you’ll have yourself a delicious treat in no time!
Homemade Shortbread Crust
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Confectioners sugar
- 2 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degress. Mix melted butter and confectioners sugar with mixer until confectioners sugar is dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to mix until a soft dough begins to form.
- Place dough in pie dish and spread out evenly on the bottom and sides of dish.
- Bake shortbread crust for 12-18 minutes until crust is golden brown before adding filling.