These no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies are full of fudgy chocolate and creamy peanut butter. With only 6 ingredients, they can be whipped up and served in no time.
These cookies have been around in our family for a long time. My mom made them all the time when I was younger. We called them Charlie Brown cookies. Since then I have heard them called several different names like preacher cookies and no bake cookies. No matter what you call them, if you like chocolate and peanut butter, they should be your go to cookies like they are mine.
Why these cookies are my go to cookies.
- They satisfy a chocolate craving like nobody’s business. They are fudgy and rich and definitely hit the spot.
- They are made with chocolate and peanut butter. Need I say more??
- They are super easy and quick to make. With only 6 ingredients and not ever having to turn on the oven, these delicious cookies can be served in no time.
What kind of oatmeal do you use in no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies?
I use old fashioned oats. There are recipes out there that call for quick cooking oats, but I feel like old fashioned oats give these cookies the thicker crunchier consistency that I prefer.
What kind of peanut butter do you use in these cookies?
My peanut butter choice for baking with is always creamy peanut butter. It’s smooth and melts easily and evenly.
How do you know when no bake cookies are ready?
With these cookies you’ll never have to turn on your oven. After you’ve followed the recipe instructions, you’ll use a spoon or cookie scoop to place them on a cookie sheet to dry. When they have cooled and hardened, they are ready to enjoy!
How to make no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies.
Melt your butter, sugar, cocoa and milk in a saucepan on low heat until boiling. Make sure to stir the ingredients very frequently. When the chocolate mixture begins to boil, stir constantly for 2 minutes to make sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
Add the chocolate mixture and peanut butter to 3 cups of old fashioned oats.
Mix the oats and boiling chocolate mixture together.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, spoon out cookies onto a baking sheet and let dry.
It only takes about 30 minutes for these cookies to harden completely. Around my house we never wait that long and actually prefer the gooey not quite done chocolate peanut butter bliss. However your family decides to eat them, I hope you enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- Place 3 cups of old fashioned oats into a large bowl.
- Add butter, sugar, cocoa and milk to a small sauce pan. Stir frequently until bioling. Once mixture begins to boil, stir constantly for 2 minutes while continuing to boil.
- After boiling chocolate mixture for 2 minutes, add the mixture to the oats.
- Add the peanut butter to the oats and chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, spoon out cookies onto a cookie sheet.
- Let cookies sit for about 30 minutes until they harden. Store cookies in an airtight container.