There are 2 things I will eat or drink no matter what the temperature is outside. I will drink hot coffee when it’s 100 degrees, and I will eat ice cream when it’s 30.
So, an ice cream themed birthday party in the middle of February sounded all right to me!
This upside down ice cream cone drip cake is a popular cake. They always look super cute and are not as hard to make as they look. I’ve made them in chocolate and vanilla.
What you will need.
- A frosted cake.
- Ice cream cone of your choice (I used a waffle cone).
- Candy melts in the color of your choice. I used Wilton pink.
- Cake pop dough.
- Sprinkles (optional).
Putting it together
- After you’ve frosted your cake, take your cake pop dough and form a ball for the ice cream.
- Place the ball of dough on top of your cake.
- Pour your melted candy melts over the dough and immediately stick your ice cream cone on top of the dough so the candy melts will act like glue holding the cone in place.
- Take the remaining melted candy melts and spoon onto the entire top of the cake dripping some down the sides.
- If you want to add sprinkles, go ahead and add them before you candy melts have hardened.
And you have your perfect upside down ice cream cone drip cake! Go ahead and give it a try, it’s not hard I promise!
Here are more ice cream inspired birthday treat ideas.
Ice cream cake pops
Ice Cream Sugar Cookies
Do you have any other questions about making your own ice cream cone drip cake? If so, let me know in the comments!